Tampa Bicycle Accident Attorney
Have you been injured in a bicycle accident?
In most Florida cities, bicyclists have the same rights as pedestrians in a crosswalk, on a sidewalk, and in a bike lane. So, if a driver backs over a sidewalk or bike lane, enters the crosswalk where you were crossing, fails to notice you on the roadway or claims you weren’t in the normal flow of traffic, the bicycle accident attorneys at Trentalange & Kelley, P.A. are her to help.
Some common types of bicycle collisions that a cyclist may be injured in as a result of the driver’s negligence include:
- The automobile driver turns directly in front of the bicyclist
- The automobile driver enters the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulls out into traffic in front of the bicyclist
- The driver of a motor vehicle fails to yield at an intersection or runs a stop sign or red light
- The driver of a motor vehicle’s inattention while driving past a bicyclist causes an accident
- The automobile driver fails to look both ways after stopping at a stop sign
- The automobile driver is impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Even if you don’t have medical insurance, the TK Firm can refer you to doctors and clinics who will treat you on a lien basis–meaning you can pay after you receive a settlement.
Unfortunately, it’s common for bicyclists to get the smaller settlements from insurance companies. Recent studies show insurance company settlements for car accidents receive 30% to 40% higher settlements than bicyclists who suffer the same types of injuries. That’s why it’s important to seek the help of experienced bicycle accident attorneys who will work to get you the monetary settlement you deserve for your pain and suffering.